Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Food Blog.

An introduction:

I believe that everyone can cook and eat well. No matter how limited your time and money, if you want to, you can. When I told my parents I wanted to move out of the dorm and into an apartment, one of the first things they asked was "What will you eat?"

This is my response.

I cook dinner for myself and my boyfriend (and sometimes a roommate or two) four to five days a week. I have a typical inexpensive apartment kitchen (with the ubiquitous weak gas stove), and not very much time. This quarter, I am taking the full number of courses, plus auditing a second language, and I have a job (at a cafe) and an internship (at a magazine).

Cooking is a priority for me. If you decide that you want to and like to cook, make it a priority in your life as well. Cooking gives my afternoons and evenings structure, and makes me feel accomplished every day--even if a paper or an exam has gone badly.

This is what I love. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.

-Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment